The Biological Background of Alfalfa
Alfalfa (Medicago Sativa) is a perennial herbaceous legume which is dominantly used as a hay crop and has high feeding value. It grows well in cool subtropical and warm temperate regions of the world.
It is an essential legume that grows globally and is known as the “queen of forages”. It is known for its excessive tolerance against drought, cold and heat. It is an excellent plant for soil improvement.
It has a remarkable capacity to grow stems rapidly and leaves post-cutting and pruning. These plants are known to have tap roots that decrease soil compaction and enhance soil quality.
Alfalfa Nutritional Analysis
Alfalfa is famous for its rich nutritional composition and phenomenal health benefits. A cup of Alfalfa can provide 7.6 calories, 1.3 grams of protein, 0.2 grams of fat, 0.6 grams of fibre and 0.7 grams of carbohydrates. Alfalfa is a calorie-deficit ingredient with several other crucial nutrients for a healthy body. It has copper, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, and vitamins B, C,& k.
Health Benefits of Alfalfa
Now that we have an idea about the rich nutritional composition of Alfalfa, let us run through the primary health benefits of the super-nutritious ingredient.
- Improves Liver Health: Alfalfa reduces the cholesterol level with saponins synthesis in the body. Saponins are also responsible for reforming the membrane of liver cells. Hence, Alfalfa supports liver health.
- Regulates blood sugar level: Alfalfa is a rich source of manganese which is incredible for diabetic patients. It stimulates insulin production in the body, thereby decreasing the blood sugar level.
- Supports heart health: Cardiac disease has been one of the leading causes of death across the globe. It indicates the faulty lifestyle and diet fads that calls for a change. However, Alfalfa is a great supplement that protects the heart health of the human body.
- Great for gut health: Alfalfa is known for its miraculous benefits for digestive health. It is rich in dietary fibre and helps in sound digestion. It also supports healthy gut bacteria.
- Levels up immunity: It strengthens the antibodies in the body and maintains strong immunity. Alfalfa is also known to reduce oxidative stress reasonably, thereby reducing the risk of cardiac issues or cellular damage.
- Increases the testosterone level: As per research, Alfalfa consumption can increase testosterone levels. It is a great medicinal herb that cures the hormonal shortcomings in the male body.
- Rich source of antioxidants: Alfalfa is known to provide the body with free radicals that reduce the oxidative damage in the body reasonably and acts like an antioxidant.
- Excellent source of vitamins: Alfalfa is a promising source of nutrients in the body. It is an excellent source of Vitamin K, C and Riboflavin for the body and works amazingly for skin and hair health.
Where to buy alfalfa powder from?