Pomegranate is considered as a super-fruit and is often called apple with many seeds. It comes from a deciduous shrub that grows well in hot and dry climates. It belongs to the berry family and does not have any fat content.
No doubt de-seeding pomegranate could be a tedious task, yet once de-seeded the ripe seeds have a lush red color and taste delicious. It is often used as toppings on custards, pancakes, and making smoothies.
Having said that, there are a plethora of pomegranate powder benefits that you probably did not know about.
Surprising Pomegranate Powder Benefits
- Reduces oxidative damage to body: Rich in antioxidants, pomegranate helps fight free radicals, which is a reason behind premature aging of the skin. It also reduces oxidative damage caused to the body.
- Acts as a Natural Blood Thinner: As pomegranate juice powder is rich in antioxidants, it acts as a natural blood thinner and thereby reduces clotting of blood in the arteries and veins.
- Supplies Oxygen to the body: One of the top pomegranate powder benefits is that it helps increase hemoglobin levels in our body. It is the hemoglobin that carries oxygen in our body to different tissues in our body.
- Promotes Digestion: In the current era, we are so indulged incoming junk foods that there is a lack of fiber content in our body often leading to health problems like indigestion and constipation. Consuming pomegranate juice helps us compensate for the fiber requirements in our body.
- Boosts Immunity: Pomegranate fruit juice powder is rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that acts as an immune booster and helps keep common infections away by boosting antibody production in our body.
- Promotes Oral hygiene: No doubt we use alcohol-based mouthwashes to prevent plaque formation in our mouth. But have you ever heard about the oral health benefits of pomegranate juice? The pomegranate juice is rich in the hydroalcoholic extract that prevents plaque formation in our mouth due to microorganism growth.
- Promotes Sexual Health: The red fruit being rich in antioxidants reduces oxidative stress caused to our body by lowering the cortisol levels. The reduced stress levels promote sexual health in women and men. It is also a fertility booster as reducing oxidative stress it prevents sperm dysfunction and enhances fertility in women to some extent.
Improves Athletic Performance: One of the most common pomegranate powder benefits is that it helps in promoting endurance and improving athletic performance, thanks to its rich content of flavanols and antioxidants. Therefore, pomegranate juice is highly popular among runners and sports players.
The Final Words
Pomegranate juice is widely used in the manufacture of beverages, crushes, smoothies, mild alcoholic drinks, and energy drinks. It has found its usage in cosmetic industries as well like night creams, serums, facewash, face-packs. Again, pomegranate juice powder is available in the form of tablets, capsules, gummies as supplements.
The above statements are not intended to cure any disease or comply with any health benefits. This is solely for information purposes. Please consult your doctor/health practitioner before consumption of the product. Although we take efforts to keep our website informative, we do not guarantee any medical benefits.