Cranberries are high nutritional value food having therapeutic properties apart from being used as toppings in various baked items like muffins, cakes, and pastries. Dried cranberries are popular both among teenagers and adults and can be eaten as post-meal appetizers. Dried cranberries are power packed with antioxidants and have a high fibre content.
Cranberries are also popular in the brewing industry as it is used in making wines, mild alcoholic beer, fruit juices, and smoothies. Cranberry is available in the form of powder and tinctures as well.
Here are some of the most surprising cranberry powder benefits you probably did not know about.
Surprising Cranberry Powder Benefits
- Aids Cardiovascular Health: Cranberries are rich in polyphenols, an element that has anti-inflammatory properties that give relaxation from hypertension. Hypertension is a condition that aggravates platelet formation in our body and could be a leading cause of cardiovascular problems. Taking cranberry powder supplements available in the form of capsules or eating dried cranberry could help us lower heart problems to some extent.
- Relieves Urinary Tract Infections: Another essential component present in cranberries is proanthocyanins. Proanthocyanins are basically antioxidants that prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to the linings of the urinary tract. Bad bacteria are a major reason behind urinary tract infections that are painful and unbearable. Thus, taking cranberry powder supplements or drinking cranberry juice helps avoid UTI-related problems.
- Promotes Oral Hygiene: One of the most important cranberry powder benefits is that it prevents bad bacteria from causing plaque in the mouth. This is the reason it is used in the manufacture of toothpaste and mouthwashes. Chewing dried cranberries also helps in strengthening gums and teeth and combatting bad breath.
- Helps in weight management: Dried cranberries have high fiber content and ideally keeps us full for a longer period and thereby reducing frequent hunger pangs that are the main reason for weight gain.
- Promotes Radiant Skin: One of the top cranberry powder benefits is that it helps our body formulate collagen, thanks to its rich content of hydroxyproline and amino acids. This, in turn, helps in keeping the skin soft, supple, and hydrated. Therefore, cranberry extracts are used in the formulation of cosmetics like face wash, face packs, serums, and facemasks.
- Resolves hair problems: Cranberry has antifungal and antiseptic qualities and contains a good amount of Vitamin A and C. Due to these properties cranberry supplements and extracts are ideal for preventing hair fall, dandruff, and drying of the scalp.
- Improves Renal Functions: Suffering from kidney stones or gall bladder-related stones can be very painful and excruciating. Again, cranberries are rich in citric acid that may help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
The Final Words
Cranberries have entered the hair regimen industries as well apart from serving as dietary supplements. It is a very popular superfood and has spread its foothold in haircare, skincare, brewing, beverages, oral hygiene, and the food industry. Nowadays cranberries are used in the manufacture of shampoos, hair oil, serums, hair mask as well!
The above statements are not intended to cure any disease or comply with any health benefits. This is solely for information purposes. Please consult your doctor/health practitioner before consumption of the product. Although we take efforts to keep our website informative, we do not guarantee any medical benefits.