Amla has always been a childhood favourite among all. Popularly known as Indian Gooseberries, they have a sour taste and can be eaten raw with a pinch of salt and red chilli powder. Apart from being used for its unique taste and flavour, Amla has also been recognized for its numerous health benefits. The value of Amla has been realized quite earlier in ancient Ayurveda, dating back to at least 1000 years. Today, amla is available in the powdered form, juices, and gummies. Amla powder is available in the form of capsules, tablets and taken as a dietary supplement.
Here are some of the most amazing amla powder benefits you probably did not know about.
Surprising Amla Powder Benefits
- Diabetes Control: The soluble fiber element in Amla rapidly dissolves in the body and helps to reduce the rate at which blood absorbs sugar. As a result, it contributes in controlling diabetes.
- Better Digestion: As it is rich in fiber, Amla powder can be helpful in promoting better bowel movement and relieving irritable bowel [BC1] movement. As a result, it can help prevent constipation. Amla also helps in better digestion by quickly absorbing minerals and other health supplements.
- Eye health: Amla powder contains a good amount of vitamin A, which aids eye health. They also help combat bacteria resulting in conjunctivitis (pink-eyes). In addition, regular consumption of Amla juice can help combat macular degeneration for a longer period.
- Antioxidant: One of the most important amla powder benefits is that it can help to detoxify the body and is suitable for the skin. Consuming Amla juice with honey can help aid skin issues like blemishes. Amla juice also helps in rehydrating and rejuvenating skin.
- Immunity booster: As per much research, Amla is ideal for building immunity and can help fight issues like bacterial and viral infections. It can be beneficial during a common cold or viral fever.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The anti-inflammatory properties of Amla may give relief from mild arthritis, mouth ulcers, and joint pains. Many health experts suggest gargling diluted amla juice to get possible relief from mouth ulcers.
- Hair health: One of the top amla powder benefits is that it can help strengthen the hair follicle, relieve dandruff, and control greying of hairs. Amla powder mixed with curd can be applied to the scalp to get smooth and silky hair.
- Memory and brain health: Amla is good for brain health as it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. These properties help fight free radicals in the brain and promote its healthy functioning.
- Manage weight: Amla juice, when mixed with water and consumed on an empty stomach with a pinch of salt and pepper, can help reduce weight by curbing the appetite. Its high fiber content keeps the stomach full for a long time and reduces hunger pangs.
The Final Words
Amla is considered as a superfood by many top ayurvedic institutes due to its numerous health benefits. As it has therapeutic properties, it is ideal for skin & hair and is used in the manufacture of hair oils, shampoos, and face washes. Moreover, it is available in the form of powder, gummies, and juice both in the online and offline market.
The above statements are not intended to cure any disease or comply with any health benefits. This is solely for information purposes. Please consult your doctor/health practitioner before consumption of the product. Although we take efforts to keep our website informative, we do not guarantee any medical benefits.